Thursday, June 21, 2007

Totally Retro!



I find I am often inspired by retro fashion. So needless to say I was amazed by this "Magazine of Fashion" my mom stumbled across in my grandma's old sewing treasure trove. This was from "Spring and Summer 1914." On the hot day I pored through this, delighted by its brittle pages, "cutting edge fashion" and the lack of color and texture choices, I think I was most amazed by the bathing suit page. "Misses' And Children's Bathing Suits" ranging in price from .50 to a whopping $2.98. Available in Navy only but trimmed in white, black or red, woo hoo! Check out the fashionable shoes you can sport with your bathing "dress." And check out that lady swimming happily at the top!!! Thanks grandma for this serious blast from the past!!



1 comment:

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Wow! Very cool, Cammie. But thank goodness we don't have to wear those long swimsuits anymore. Can you imagine how heavy those got in the water! Shelley